Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Another Wednesday...another Visitor!

This morning we were surprised to have one of our very favorite "snow birds" return to the quilting nest....Fudge Cathy!  She is so named because each Wednesday morning for the coffee get-together she brings us a batch of her famous fudge...and she did not disappoint us today either.  It was great catching up with her, and it seemed as if she had never left. 


And check out this BEAUTIFUL afghan Fudge Cathy made and brought to me!  I just love it, and am actually looking forward to some cool nights just so I can snuggle in it!

It appears my cat, Zinger, loves the afghan too!....I put it down for 5 minutes to take a picture and she thinks it's for her.  Ha!  Think again, Zinger!!

Speaking of knitting (I think we were speaking of knitting, weren't we?)....since being at the bead and yarn shop, I have become addicted to all the yarn and the fun things to knit.  But my old canvas bag that I kept my needles in has seen better days....needles poking out everywhere, stabbing me in the legs as I walk!  So I went a-googling for a quilted knitting needle holder.  I found this one and decided to give it a whirl.  Super easy to make, and we have figured out with a few fabric placement adjustments, you can use 2 half-yard cuts of fabric for this completed project!


Knitting Needle Holder
Opened Needle Holder
Here it is,all bundled up,and then opened with lots of slots for different needle sizes as well as knitting markers, tape measures, crochet hooks and other important stuff.
We've already had requests for a few and we plan to make up several to have for sale at the bead and yarn shop, Just Bead It.

In House Retreat

Don't forget to let us know if you are interested in attending our In-House Retreat the weekend of November 19th.  We must have at leas 10 participants to hold the retreat; to date we have half that number.  Leave a comment on this blog indicating your interest in joining us.

Christmas Quilts

Don't wait until the last minute to get those Christmas quilts to us for long arm quilting!  We must have them dropped off by November 22nd to be completed in time for Christmas.  Currently we are not back-logged with quilts, so the sooner we get them, the sooner we can promise completion!



No comments:

Post a Comment