Thursday, October 21, 2010

Shop Talk....and Visitors!

SHOP TALK


We had mentioned in a prior post the recent arrival of our AccuCut 3/4" die cutter; well, we have been cutting lots of strips and making baskets.  Cindi and Katie made really cute Christmas baskets...I wish I had photos, but alas, I do not!  Maybe in the near future.
Today, however, while taking a break from long arm quilting, I decided to make a basket from strips of a Moda fabric with coral/cream/orange roses and brown background.  I made a small oval basket.....and when I came to the end, started pondering how to finish it off.  Well, gee whiz....here I am, in a BEAD shop!  Low and behold, we found these really cute glass/ceramic beads that are perfect for the basket.  I hope you can get a sense for the beads: they are peachy-cream color with a crackle glaze finish.  Very pretty, if I do say so myself!!

So....keep the bead section of Just Bead It in mind when finishing those baskets.  PJ has tons of beautiful beads and stones that can be added to your finished project to give it that perfect look.
And don't forget, we can cut those pesky strips for you in no time flat!  Just ask Cindi....!!

Question.....

We are contemplating an In-House Retreat to be held in November (most likely the weekend of November 19th).  We would like to know if you are interested in attending our retreat.  We will be able to accomodate about 10-15 people, and will keep the format similar to what we have had in the past at our previous location. 
Please COMMENT below as to your interest.  We are suggesting this retreat would work best for local quilters.

VISITORS
We've had some visitors this week, and we thought we would post a few pictures of them.  Newborn Levi stopped by for a visit, along with his Mom and brother, Benjamin.

Such a cutie, and a good baby, too.  Except Grandma just kept poking him and holding him....and would not let him sleep!  Those Grandmas......no accountin' for them!

At Wednesday Morning Coffee we had another visitor....Judy Danz' granddaughter Kaitlyn stopped by (and brought her Grandma too).  Kaitlyn was trying out a Halloween quilt we just finished for Cindi;  but when her face started to get red and she seemed to be "concentrating", Grandma decided it might be time to move her off the new quilt!  Good idea, as it turned out.
 Be sure to join us for coffee and talk on Wednesdays....you never know who will be dropping in!

2 comments:

  1. Loved your visitors... that new grandbaby of Deanna's is so sweet. I'm in for the retreat in November. Put my name down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have a retreat. Nothing I like better than cooking all weekend, cleaning before, cleaning after, and waiting hand and foot on all my quilting friends. Ranks right up there with sewing through my finger.

    That being said, bring it on! I am ready

    ReplyDelete